Sunday, October 12, 2014

art failure

Another band I know little about. There is a great track they do, Gimmick, which is on the sampler Hicks from the Sticks, posted by Curious Guy. I was prompted to track down their sole single, which you can grab here. Indie styled release distributed by Rough Trade. The gate folded sleeve has a stapled flap to hold the record. A-side is not so hot, though the B-side has a little promise. Oh well. I'm still glad I have it. Sometimes the satsfaction comes in the completion of a discography, even if there is little else of merit.

Art Failure were:
William Redfern, Lead Vocals, Rhythm Guitar
Graham Lees, Lead Guitar
Pat Allen, Keyboards, backing vocals
Tim Fenton Ward, Bass guitar
Rob Dakin, Drums

Scream of Pain 7", 1979.
Tracks:
01. Scream of Pain
02. In Vogue
As a bonus I have included the song Gimmick in the folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment